Monday, October 24, 2005

Glitch in Writing Time

You know, just when I get on a roll, the wind gets knocked out of me! After such a great weekend for writing, I come to a screeching halt. Today, Tuesday, and Wednesday the kids get out half-days of school for end of 9 week conferences. Why would they do something so stupid? I mean, really....with the gas prices up, you'd think they'd consider just closing for one full day for the conferences--hey, the school buses wouldn't run for a day, saving a day's worth of gas. Think about this....all the schools in the district, all the buses that run for each school, the gas to do a run each morning and each afternoon for each bus for each school...come on, that could save some money. MY money...the taxpayers' money. I mean, am I the only one who considers such things? But anyway, I go back to my point....so now, I have to stop writing like at 11:30 (yeah, I'm past that point anyway now! LOL) to get dressed to go get the kids, leaving here at 12:15. Therefore, my writing time is all jacked up! And, I have my family coming up this weekend for Halloween, so I need to clean the house. Don't you just hate when life interrupts writing?? UGH

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank goodness. Three chapter to critique in one weekend is enough. I know what you mean, though. I've been rolling pretty good with editing Soul Searcher, and then things get in the way. Church council meeting tonight. Double Ugh with extra sprinkles. Well, someday, like when we're 80, we can sit for days on end and write. That is, when we're not napping.

Unknown said...

Mmmm. Napping. Welcome aboard, Robin! Just stopped in to say hello. Looks good.

Unknown said...

Had a full house in In School Suspension so was able to get in some writing. You're getting two chapters, Robin!

Anonymous said...

Robin ... how excited you must be that your wonderful family is coming for a visit. I can only imagine how much fun you'll have this weekend!

Dineen A. Miller said...

Whew! I can breath a sigh of relief. LOL!

Anonymous said...

don't have a comment, just thought I would pester... like that is a surprise?

Unknown said...

Great....I see how eager my writing buds are to read my stuff! LOLOLOLOL

Thanks, Gina! LOVE your blog, girl!

Cynthia...send them on!

WHICH big sister? I have a couple, ya know! LOL

HEY Heather...um, are you gonna blog on yours today?

Anonymous said...

THE big sister (the one who Rem believes isn't really me because I don't have orange hair anymore, and I made the mistake of coming for a visit without her Uncle AND {gasp} the giant lollipops ... which, by the way, are ready to be packed in our suitcase for this weekend!

Unknown said...

BEEBSTER........you visited my blog!!!!!! Guys, this is my sister, BB! Who loves me and will read every single book I have published, won't you BB????

Anonymous said...

Read every single book you publish? Not only will I read every one of 'em, I'll also keep my mouth shut about the "real" Robin Carol when you become famous and make the talk show rounds ... ha ha. You know I love you more'n my purple nightshirt!!

Unknown said...

Beebster, thought we'd BURNED that ugly, nasty, hole-y, disgusting purple nightshirt. We didn't? Hmm....I need to correct that! LOL And no, you may NOT tell people about the "real" me...even if you're offered an ENORMOUS amount of money to give the dirt! LOL

Unknown said...

LOL, Mac....I KNOW it's older than my kids! LOL Now, you KNOW I wouldn't DARE put your life secrets in one of my books....well, uh...not that you'd recognize them anyway! LOL