Thursday, October 27, 2005

Inquiring Minds

For those of you who were wondering, I DID get my house clean yesterday and today! WOO HOO! Now I just gotta get my teen to sweep & mop her floor-she washed the sheets yesterday, so BB and Robert will have a nice clean room. Hmmm...might better check her bathroom, it's been a while since I've been in there! LOL Of course, I DO have children, so it'll all be a wreck by this afternoon, but hey, at least I got it done. Good thing the kids went back to school for a full day today! :)

I actually tried to work a little on my wip last night....wrote maybe 500 words, which were promptly deleted this morning. I can visualize the scene quite well, but SHOWING it with writing...well, it fell REALLY short of my expectations! LOL Will try again next week I suppose.

Looking forward to visiting with my family. That's the only thing that really is bad about having moved away from my home state....not being able to see my family/friends all the time. But we'll have a good time this weekend, no doubt! We always do when we get together. Wonder who's gonna win at Mexican Dominoes? HMMM....my money's on Mom!

9 comments:

Camy Tang said...

What in the world is Mexican Dominoes?
Camy

Anonymous said...

I've heard of mexican dominoes but I don't know that I remember what it is. Have fun with your family! yay on getting your house cleaned!

Dineen A. Miller said...

I want to learn how to play Mexican Dominoes! Maybe Camy and I can play. LOL!

So, you have time to blog but not to say hello? What's that all about? Meanie....

JK! Have fun, girl! Catch you next week.

Love ya,
D

Anonymous said...

Rob, I think what we've always called Mexican Dominoes (and I don't know WHY it's called that!) is actually called "The Train"; or at least that's what I've always seen where variations of the game are listed! And I'm not so much concerned with clean sheets as I am that wretched cat of Em ... does it sleep in the bed?

Unknown said...

Mexican Dominoes? With trains? What a lot of fun. When my parents visited this summer from Arkansas, we played almost every night. We even went to the swap meet to buy several different colors of trains. Any set of Dominoes in double nine or higher will have the directions to playing Mexican (or Cardinal) train.

Robin, I can so relate to a house that is clean one instant and looks like you've not touched it the next. Very discouraging.

Can't wait to read your next chapter! Have a great weekend.

Unknown said...

NOT MEXICAN TRAIN!!! My mother forces me to play every time we come over. I prefer Star Wars Trivial Pursuit. Except now my son can whip us all.

Unknown said...

Anybody ever play "Scene It"? It looks so fun....I wonder if it is as much fun as it looks. As a movie buff, I think I'd really enjoy it.

Anonymous said...

I've played "Scene It" !!!!

I played it with a bunch of loons!

Unknown said...

Was SCENE IT fun, Heather?