Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Still No WIP Progress

Here's the thing...with kids, you can never expect to be on schedule. I haven't written a single word on my wip this week! UGH.....life interrupts! LOL And today, I have to clean house because my family will be here this weekend! I'm SO beyond excited!

Contests.....just thought I'd announce some of the contests I've entered in....the Susannah, The Emily, and 1st Kiss. Now, I entered the Susannah because I want to support a Louisiana chapter, but also because I'm going to go to that conference in March, God willing. I only entered the Emily because, well, my oldest daughter's name is Emily. Even though there wasn't a category for me, but hey, I just couldn't help it! LOL And 1st Kiss? Well, I'm still not sure why I entered that one! LOL Oh wait, now I remember.....cash prizes and Warner is the final round judge. Hmm. Not that they had an inspy category, but hey, you never know.

Golden Heart.....I hadn't planned on entering because it's a stiff entry fee and membership to RWA....however, God never ceases to surprise me. He so loves using ordinary people to make extraordinary differences! So, because of His provision, and a very special friend being willing to do His will, I WILL be joining RWA and entering the Golden Heart. I think I'll enter Torrents of Destruction....any thoughts on that?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

yay on the golden heart!!

Unknown said...

Go for it! How do you find all these contests to enter?

Unknown said...

Cynthia.....check out the ACFW forums, under GET CONNECTED there is a heading of CONTESTS...those are current and updated and good resources for writing contests.

Camy Tang said...

Good luck on the GH!

"Torrents of Destruction"? No offense, but it almost sounds like a hysterical bodice-ripper.

LOLOLOLOLOL

Camy running and ducking...

Unknown said...

LOL....Camy, SURELY you jest! Torrents of Destruction is about a river rafting trip that goes bad...really bad! LOL I thought it fit the story quite well, thank you very much! LOL