Saturday, November 05, 2005

45 MASTER CHARACTERS

Read that book? Let me tell you, if you haven't, do so! It'll take your characterization to a whole new level. For me, getting into my h/h and villian's skin is fun. Using this book to build their traits, likes/dislikes, and goals from their archetypes is a Godsend. Good charts in there, but I take their suggestions and incorporate them into my own character synopsis. What else was very helpful in this book was the heroine journey and the VERY different hero journey. Now that I'm trying to plot a bit in advance, having this information already figured out is HUGE for me. I highly recommend every writer get the book and keep it for each novel they write.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

gives me a headache just thinking about it... LOL

Unknown said...

LOL...but girl, it REALLY makes your characters jump off the page! :)