Monday, November 28, 2005

Creating Character Emotions, by Ann Hood

Okay, either I just didn't "get" what the author was trying to portray in this writing book, or it just plain didn't make a lot of sense. Either way, I didn't get a thing out of it. At all. Except that I disagreed a lot with the examples the author gave of "good" emotion portrayal. For me, it was a disappointment to read this writing book and not gain any insight. Waste of my time, and money, personally. I learned so much more in CHARACTERS, EMOTION & VIEWPOINT in the Writer's Digest WRITE GREAT FICTION series. More "hands on" information, IMHO. Is it just me? Do I expect too much from the writing books I read? Hmm. Read the book--then YOU decide!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

lol like I would read the book after that??