Friday, October 06, 2006

Finding Faith, by Denise Hunter



Okay, I'm normally not a fan of women's fiction...not enough dead bodies for me!...but this book was AWESOME! The deep characters, the intricate plot, the emotions....all I can say is I'm blown away. I highly recommend this book, even if you don't read women's fiction. This is good writing, plain and simple. It's rare for a book to invoke my emotions so strongly, but Denise managed to do that by pulling me into the characters and their deep emotions. Get the book...you won't be disappointed.

On a personal note, I was blessed to have gotten to spend a little time with Denise on my recent trip to Indiana. This woman is beautiful, inside and out. Then again, I have to envy her a little bit--she has three sons and has still got a figure to die for--the woman shouldn't be so beautiful. I mean, if she were ugly on the inside, maybe I could resent her, but no....God made her with a pure heart. So, I'll just feel blessed by knowing her. Here's a picture of her, Diann Hunt and Colleen Coble in Indiana. These ladies so rock! If only Kris had been there...maybe next time! :)

4 comments:

Heather Diane Tipton said...

I can't wait to read this book!

Unknown said...

I'll have to add this to my already huge pile of "to be reads".

Ronie Kendig said...

I've been wanting to read this one! I can't wait to get my hands on it. Glad to hear it's worth the read. :-D

Colleen Coble said...

Denise is a FABULOUS writer! She goes, deep, deep, deep. This series has what we've always called her "gasp" factor. when we gasp and ask her how she could be sick enough to think of something like that, she knows she's hit the right idea. LOL