Sunday, November 19, 2006

I Survived, But Learned My Lesson

What do you do when your daughter comes to you and asks to have a "sweet sixteen" party with some of her friends at home? Well, being a regular parent, you think, oh some of your friends, maybe 10 or so, well, what do you want to do? Have a bonfire and grill out. As a parent, you think, pretty easy to handle...right? WRONG. Try having 60 teenagers coming and going, eating, drama between guys wanting to fight, girls crying over boyfriends acting like, well, little boys. SIGH. I survived, though. But learned my lesson well. When the 6 yr old and the 4 yr old turn 16 and ask for a party, I'll have to think of an alternate route that doesn't involve all these kids at my house. Now to get the teen up to clean up the mess. Wish me luck!

7 comments:

Heather Diane Tipton said...

Better you than me sistah! LOLOLOL

Anonymous said...

LOL...wishing you luck, Robin :)

Ronie Kendig said...

You are so brave!! So glad you survived! Wow, I'll have to include a star-shaped wound in one of my stories. :-D

Kelly (Lynn) Parra said...

lol! Sounds like a typical high school party. I'm sure she loved it. =D

Camy Tang said...

You poor momma. But like Kelly said, sounds typical. Luckily the next oldest has many more years.
Camy

Dineen A. Miller said...

Glad you survived, girlie! Glad it was you, and not me. Don't get the star-shapted wound comment, but whatever. LOL! I'm still waiting for this to happen here. I'm guessing it may be the 17th since the 16th didn't pan out. Or maaaaaaaybe...I actually slid by with daughter number one. :-)

Unknown said...

We allowed my son to have parties for his two years of Junior High. Will I do the High School party thing? No way!