Thursday, August 09, 2007

4th book in the Bayou series . . . SOLD!

So, I got my revision letter on book 3, Bayou Judgment! I loved hearing my editor's vision for improving the book. Had to dig right in and get those done because, well, just because I'm that type of person. LOL And it's exciting to do revisions your editor request. They've interacted with my story and pointed out things that will make the book better. Gotta love that! So, got that done and in the mail back to her!

Got my copyeditor notes on book 2, Bayou Corruption! Those are just basic clarifications and such. Got those done and sent back in.

Still glowing from getting my author copies of my 1st book, so I'm having a great week. Got my books, my revisions, and my copyeditor notes. AND, I got to see the initial artwork for the cover of Bayou Judgment. Man, the covers just keep getting better and better. Wow, stellar week.

And then yesterday, my agent calls and my editor has offered a contract on the 4th book!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh yeah, I'm having an awesome week! Talk with my editor and we decide on a new title for this 4th book, which is going to be a blast to write...BAYOU PARADOX! I love it!

So, I've had an amazingly blessed week! Get to go "home" to Louisiana this weekend and share my joy with my family. I'm so blessed!

How about the rest of you? How's your week going?

8 comments:

Southern-fried Fiction said...

And you deserve it after all you're doing to get us ready for Dallas!

Tina Ann Forkner said...

I LOVE the cover of Bayou Justice!

Dineen A. Miller said...

So incredibly happy for you, girl. SH is blessed to have YOU and I'm guessing your editor would agree with that. Have a great weekend!!! :-)

Michele said...

Congrats!! You sure have come along way since I've met you blogging".

I'm SO happy for you and it sounds like things are getting better and better for you. They should, you've worked so hard at it. And you are always SO nice; good things come to those who share good things. You deserve all the accolades you get, Robin!

Anonymous said...

Congrats, Robin! :)

Heather Diane Tipton said...

Congrats, girlie! I'm so happy for you!

Pammer said...

Yay! I'm so happy for you!

Oh, by the way...

TAG YOU'RE IT!!

You've been tagged to do the Middle Name Meme.

You can read mine here if you'd like at http://pammer.blogspot.com

Shesawriter said...

Congratulations, Robin!! This is great news!