Thursday, June 18, 2009

Oh, What A Feeling!

Ever wonder how JK Rowling and Stephanie Meyers feel? I have a glimpse. I went to Nashville to my wonderful publisher, B&H's sales conference. From the moment I stepped off the plane, I had the red carpet treatment. I was met by editor extraordinare, Karen Ball. I so love that woman!

We got me checked into my hotel, then she took me over to meet some wonderful folks at B&H. Talk about some great, Christian people! Then she and I were joined by the brilliant Julie Gwinn (yep, trying to locate the picture of us two) for supper. We talked marketing, but laughed a whole lot. Imagine that--laughing with Karen. Far reach, huh? LOL

The next day was the sales conference. Talk about a warm reception. Every single person I met was enthusiastic about B&H's Pure Enjoyment fiction line. Eager. And so friendly. Made me feel right at home. And when they showed the trailer for my upcoming book, Deliver Us From Evil, up on the big screen? Well, let's just say I got chills. And to see my book cover up on the wall when I came into the conference room...so big and beautiful. Ah, what a feeling.

That night, again I had supper with Karen and Julie, but we were joined by two really great members of the sales team. We had such a wonderful time. Great ideas and beautiful fellowship and discussion.

I left early the next morning, but blessed beyond belief by my experience. I had an awesome time and am in awe of some pretty wonderful people.

Now, back to reality and the business of writing!

1 comment:

Tina said...

So excited for you, Robin! I had the cool opportunity to go to a sales conference at Waterbrook a few years ago and it was really a fun experience. So nice to read about your journey.