Monday, June 08, 2009

Review: EXPOSURE by Brandilyn Collins




First let me state that I REALLY wanted to read this book because EXPOSURE was the working title of my novel releasing in February. Since I had to change my title (which I LOVE the one the B&H team came up with--DELIVER US FROM EVIL), I asked Brandilyn to send me a copy of her Exposure. She graciously did. And wow, I was totally enthralled in the book from the first page.

What happens when your greatest fear becomes reality? That's the premise of this book. Brandilyn drags you into the story immediately. While I won't give away plot points, I'll mention some of the things I liked best about this book:
--The characterization of the heroine and her journey. She's flawed. She's trying. She makes the reader assess their own fears and how they're handling them. That, in and of itself, can be scary enough! LOL But the change she goes through during the course of the book is realistic and natural.
--The plot twists and turns, so just when the reader feels "comfortable", we're pushed into a different direction, out of the comfort zone. This, imho, is awesome because normally, I figure out the suspense plot early in the book. I didn't in Exposure.
--The secondary characters really added a whole other level to the subplots and layers in this book. Make the reader think, feel, care.

I have to give Exposure top marks. Personally, I think this is one of Brandilyn's best books ever. Ingenious plot. Great premise. Awesome characters. Yep, Exposure isn't a book to miss. If you love suspense, I highly recommend Exposure by Brandilyn Collins. Get it. Now. What are you waiting for?

No comments: