Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Travesty in our Times

According to UNICEF, An estimated 2.5 million children, the majority of them girls, are sexually exploited in the multibillion dollar commercial sex industry. This is a true travesty of our time. And as someone posted on my blog yesterday, this happens so much, but not many are talking about it. I couldn't do that. When I watched a television special on child trafficking with my husband, I couldn’t stop the ache in my heart. I couldn’t get the image of these poor girls’ faces out of my mind. The horrors these children endure in their own poverty-stricken country is horrible enough, but to be brought to America and be further exploited and abused is appalling. When my outrage settled deep inside me, I began researching this travesty and just became sick. I knew then I had to write a story about this most serious issue. Thus, DELIVER US FROM EVIL was born. It releases February 2010.

The horrors of child trafficking for sexual exploitation is staggering. Want more information? Visit here. Together, we can help. Ways you can get involved are coming soon.

2 comments:

Jason said...

I've been feeling led to get involved in this war beyond financially supporting groups that have been pulling women out of prostitution, etc. I've had a past that's let me see inside some of this world and people have no idea the abuse that happens in their very own community.

Too many Americans hear "worldwide" and think it means outside America. It doesn't. I know there are sex slaves in Nashville where I live being abused today. It makes me sick. It should make all of us sick.

I'm investigating groups in my area where I can get really involved beyond blog posts and financial donations. I hope other people will get motivated to act too.

Thank you for posting about it. The more we can get people aware of what's happening perhaps the more people we can help.

Unknown said...

Jason, after a LOT of exhaustive research, I found a couple of really great organizations. I'll be blogging about them tomorrow. I also list them in the back of my February release, DELIVER US FROM EVIL.

You're right...the more people who become aware of the horror, the more who will step up to get involved to stop it.