Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Getting To Know You...Thriller Tour Authors

Hi, I'm Robin's assistant, and I've hijacked her blog for the next several weeks. Don't ask. Seriously, she's preparing for the upcoming Thriller Tour...more about that later. But right now, I thought it might be fun for people to get a glimpse into the 4 thriller authors who are going on tour together this summer. So, I asked the four authors questions to share with everyone in cyberland. I'll be posting snippets of my interview with these four throughout the next several weeks. I think you'll learn a little about these authors that you might not have known!



First things first... About Writing...

Plotter or Pantster?

Brandilyn: More plotter. My books are all about twists, so I must know the twist I’m writing toward. But I typically don’t know quite how I’m going to get there.

Jim: I'm right smack in the middle. Start with a loose plot and then see where it goes.

Robin: A little of both. I know my characters inside out before I start plotting. I know the beginning and end, and have several of my twists and plot points mapped out, but my characters often surprise me and give me awesome subplots.

Tosca: Does a giant notebook of "stuff that should probably happen in this book" count as plotting? :D

That's the "getting to know you" snippet for now. Keep following for more insights into these 4 authors, and of course, tour news.

Speaking of the tourn, I promised in the beginning I'd give you more details. Here's a brief explanation:
B&H Fiction Announces Thriller Tour 2010
Tosca Lee, Brandilyn Collins, Jim Rubart & Robin Caroll Team Up for Unprecedented Major City Book Tour
NASHVILLE—Four suspense novelists are joining forces for the B&H Fiction Thriller Tour 2010. Authors Tosca Lee, Jim Rubart, Robin Caroll, and Brandilyn Collins—newest of the B&H Fiction suspense authors—will make their way from St. Louis, site of the International Christian Retailing Show this June, to ThrillerFest in New York City via Philadelphia. Julie Gwinn, Trade Marketing Director at B&H Fiction, said, “This summer, B&H is taking its four suspense authors on a tour from ICRS in St. Louis to ThrillerFest in New York City. James L. Rubart, Robin Caroll, Tosca Lee, and new B&H author Brandilyn Collins will be attending store signings and media events on a tour route that climaxes at the International Thriller Writers’ ThrillerFest, where our authors will join up with suspense and mystery writers from around the world.”

Timed to coincide with the great summer reading season, the four authors will launch the tour with a kick-off event at ICRS in St. Louis, travel to Philadelphia, and then on to New York City where their journey will culminate at ITW’s
ThrillerFest. Each stop on the tour will be filled with events, from book signings to library appearances to media interviews, all targeted to the authors’ current fans and those new admirers they are sure to gather along the way.

3 comments:

Dineen A. Miller said...

Sounds awesome! And thank you to "Robin's assistant" for these great insights into four of my most favorite authors!

Rel said...

Love it! Looking forward to more of the assistant and her interviews ;-)

Pam Hillman said...

The tour sounds like a LOT of fun for the authors and their readers.