After a spell of getting to go home and spend time with our families, we headed to NJ and NYC. Our escorts, Haverly and Karen, were "wunnerful" to us. :) Some highlights of this leg of the journey:
1)NEVER book a flight where the connection window is only 30 minutes. Sitting in Detroit airport is NOT fun. Arguing with Delta counters until I got booked on the next flight to NY can relieve stress. For me.
2) Friends don't let friend eat Chinese in a mall food court. Trust us on this one.
3) We had the distinct pleasure of having a cabbie who...um...well...how do I say this? Hmmm.... nevermind, I'll just leave that one alone. But gee, thanks to Tosca and Brandilyn for just sitting in the backseat and laughing at me. With friends like that...
4) Traffic. NYC. Need I say more?
5) Learned a lot about our own personalities...and each others'. Yeah, try making me sit and do nothing and see how that works out for you. Just sayin'....
6) Karen saying..."Tosca, tell your sisters a story." (Note...did anyone else realize both Brandilyn and myself are clausto and were in a cab? Going to NJ. Through a tunnel. Where walls can close in?)
Here are some interesting photos to share from this part of the tour. Stay tuned for a final post wrap-up coming soon!
With Haverly @ mall food court
THE TUNNEL--Don't look, Brandilyn!
In cab with Haverly...not the cab where the driver, uh, yeah...