Be afraid...be very afraid. Four authors, on a plane to Philly, without an escort!
Ah, so we said farewell to fair St. Louis and headed to Philadelphia. Now, we had an escort waiting in Philly--B&H assistant, Haverly Robbe, but we four had to make it on the plane together...through the airport...picking up the rental vehicle...and driving all the way to York, PA for our first stop. Highlights of this leg of the journey are:
1) Jim STILL with his sign. In the airport. Waiting for the rental. On the drive. In the hotels. Sigh. Jim and his sign--a match made in heaven.
2) Tosca can NOT drive when she's tired. Or hungry. Or distracted. Or...um...you get the idea. Do NOT ask me about the median. I'll tell on Tos, I really will.
3) We're hating on Brandilyn Collins...why? Because we showed up for one of the signings and she had FANS WAITING ON HER! And she autographed a Kindle. I've never been asked to autograph a kindle. Tosca and Jim both said they'd never either. Yep, gotta hate on Brandilyn. :)
4) Staying up WAY TOO LATE so that Jim could finish his edits...Tosca could finish her edits...and Robin could write a scene. Even though Tosca did have to help Jim push the SEND button. Just sayin'
5) Haverly is entirely too cute. Seriously. I think Tosca and I decided to hate on her, too. Cuz she's cute. And sweet. Yep, gotta hate on Haverly. :)
6) NUMEROUS times my fellow authors (bless their hearts) tried to feed me seafood. Hmmm..they all know I'm highly allergic. You know, maybe they were tryin' to take me out and just play innocent about it. Now that I think about it...
7) Thriller dance in the car while following Haverly who wondered what we were doing that was slowing us down. And finishing said thriller dance outside of PF Chang's. LOL There is a video. Some things you just take to your grave.
8) Brainstorming on the drive from Baltimore back to Philly to get into the hotel because SOME of us had to leave the hotel at FIVE in the morning to get to the airport for our departing flight.
Here are some photos to share. That I can. Ones that won't cause "The Great Ones" to take me out. These people know how to hide bodies, folks.
Jim's sign-we all finally gave in to the sign
Out to eat @ PF Chang's-and Haverly is too cute.
Tosca driving--RUN FOR YOUR LIFE
Hatin' on 'em both...just sayin' :)
Exhausted after a long day of signing our names..over and over and over again
Tosca NOT driving. See why we let her drive?
At a restaurant again. Yes, it IS always about the food
Too cute for words. Gotta luv these ladies.
Stay tuned for the next part-NJ and NY--then the final wrap-up coming over the weekend.