Tuesday, June 19, 2012

New Review of Injustice For All

By Nora A. Stlaurent "TBCN Founder" (Georgia) - See all my reviews (REAL NAME) This review is from: Injustice For All: A Justice Seekers Novel (Paperback) "Every muscle in my body stiffened, and my mouth went spitless. Chambering a round was a distinct sound, unmistakable." Are you hooked? I was. These are the first two lines of this riveting, suspenseful novel called Injustice for All. It's the first book in the Justice Seekers series. Wow, what an amazing start. I'm thankful for the review copy that has introduced me to characters I instantly cared about and story that kept me up late reading. My heart went out to the main character Remington Wyatt as she walked in on her godfather, Daniel's tragic situation. The men don't see her but she can hear every word they say as they plan his termination. She recognizes their voices. She can't believe this is happening - everything she's believed in crumbles right before her eyes!! These men were supposed to be good guys. She's got to run so she can stay alive long enough to seek justice for Daniel's murder. Where do you hide when the system is corrupt and you don't know who the good guys are? Who do you trust? No one but yourself, of course and that's what Remington does. At the same time Rafe Baxter confused about his relationship with God and where he's headed in life. Rafe accepted Christ as his Savior but struggles to believe he is truly forgiven for his past. He accepted God's unconditional love but is hung-up on being forgiven for past sin. He takes a new job so his partner can stay in the area to help with his daughters medical care. Rafe hopes that maybe this sacrifice would pay for his sins? I enjoyed Hayden, a man who's trying to do the right thing, praying and staying grounded when his world is rocked apart. He try's to help his sister who's bi-polar, and a mom who is a worry-wart. He's so thankful God has brought him a friend to help, Bella, she's someone he can talk to and trust. I loved the banter between characters. They have fun with one another in a good way. This author has well timed humor mixed in with the suspense! Great blend. Bella and Rafe talk about what their hobbies are, Rafe says to Bella, "I like walks and hikes...reading? Not so much!" Bella's response, "How can you not love reading? It's wonderful. An excursion, an adventure...an escape from reality." Bella adored reading and has a hard time grasping anyone not loving it. I could just hear Robin Caroll saying this to someone too! Bella is a passionate person with spunk I enjoyed reading about. Rafe is an FBI Agent trying to prove himself in a new office, so he picks a dead case to work on. Maybe he'd be the one to find the killer and make new friends. This was one gripping novel from the start, and one I couldn't put down. I loved Robin's well timed humor mixed in with a believable spiritual thread. All this in the first book of the Justice Seekers series, I can't wait to read the rest!! The Book Club Network CEO

No comments: