Thursday, June 28, 2012

Thursday's Southern Recipe


In honor of my Justice Seekers series, to which I've included some of my family's favorite recipes in the back of the upcoming release To Write a Wrong: A Justice Seekers Novel, releasing in September. But I'll be sharing some with those who are signed up for my newsletter, and I'll be sharing some here every Thursday.

Today's recipe is shared by my niece, Krystina Harden (pictured with my youngest grandson, Zayden) and is the recipe of her great-grandmother (my grandmother) Una Brannon Shannon.


Green Jello Salad

1 large package lime Jello
1 small package tiny marshmellows
1 8-ounce package cream cheese
3-1/2 cups of boiling water
1 large can crushed pineapple
1 carton small curd cottage cheese

Put Jell-O and marshmellows in a bowl, add hot water, and mix well. Mix cream cheese with a little sweet milk and mix well. Add to Jell-O mixture. Add pineapple and cottage cheese. Chill in square pan.

No comments: