Sunday, June 10, 2007

ACFW Conference....3 months away!

Okay, not EXACTLY 3 months, but September 20th is pretty close. I'm so excited I almost can't contain myself. And I'm really thinking about it today because I'm at a convention for my children--the Children of the Confederacy for the district of Louisiana. It's been really nice, and my mother was awarded the Robert E. Lee award (HUGE deal) and my oldest is running for President, my middle daughter is running for Chaplain, and my youngest will be a page again. But it's got me thinking about conference, and how soon I'll be heading to Dallas.

If you're a fiction writer, ACFW is THE conference to attend. Just go look at the website www.acfw.com and see the great lineup of continuing sessions, workshops, late night chats, editors & agents, and keynote speaker just waiting for you. And the worship team....what can I say? Amazing! What other conference can you attend and attain such a wealth of information right along with such fellowship? I get chills just thinking about the conference!

Are you ready? I think I'm going to start packing!

6 comments:

Southern-fried Fiction said...

LOL - I've already got my clothes set aside. I don't want to risk getting something for conference stained! :o)

And my hubby just bought me a new camera today, so I can get loads of shots fro Novel Journey!

Cara Putman said...

I'm with Ane. Started thinking about what to wear. And told Eric not to let me buy clothes just for conference cause I have plenty of cute outfits. I can't wait!

Dineen A. Miller said...

I bet you're already half packed. LOL! I'm amazed at how fast the year is going. It'll be here before we know it. So much to do...and plot. Mwah ha ha ha! ;-)

Pamela S. Meyers said...

And I bought a dress and I'm tryng to learn to walk in the heels I bought too for Saturday night LOL. There was a buzz running through church yesterday. "Pam has high heels on today." I need to get out more LOL. Honestly though, the ACFW conference is THE conference if you can only attend one all year and you write fiction. Hands down.

Unknown said...

LOL....I think I'm going to wear some of my "older" clothes in my closet that haven't seen the light of day in some time. LOL

Pammer said...

I'm with Dineen. Where did this year go? And I've got clothes set aside already. I'll have to sneak one suit out. My youngest cat hates it with a passion and attacks it.

You're right the lineup this year looks so wonderful I believe I'm drooling. :) I simply cannot wait for the worship services this year, so powerful. (And I found some waterproof eyeliner....VERY important.)