Thursday, March 15, 2012

Thursday's Southern Recipes

In honor of my Justice Seekers series, to which I've included some of my family's favorite recipes in the back of the upcoming release To Write a Wrong: A Justice Seekers Novel, releasing in September. But I'll be sharing some with those who are signed up for my newsletter, and I'll be sharing some here every Thursday during the month of March.



My sister, Rebecca (on right) with our cousin Dr. Shannon Wahl on left



Becca’s Oooey-Gooey Butter Cake


1 box yellow cake mix
1 egg, slightly beaten
1 stick of butter, melted

Mix all together and press into 9 x 13-inch ungreased pan.

Glaze

1 package 8 ounce cream cheese
1 box powdered sugar
2 eggs

Cream together and pour over dough. Bake 30 to 40 minutes until lightly brown at 350 degrees

No comments: