Thursday, July 26, 2012

Thursday's Southern Recipe

In honor of my Justice Seekers series, to which I've included some of my family's favorite recipes in the back of the upcoming release To Write a Wrong: A Justice Seekers Novel, releasing in September. But I'll be sharing some with those who are signed up for my newsletter, and I'll be sharing some here every Thursday.

Today's recipe is one of my family's favorite...it's my grandmother's chocolate pie recipe. Una Brannon Shannon...I miss her dearly!

Una's Chocolate Pie

2 cups sugar
6 Tbsp flour
1/2 tsp salt
4 cups milk
5 egg YOLKS
1 stick butter
2 tsp vanilla
6 Tbsp cocoa

Mix sugar, flour & salt in large pot. Mix well. Whip egg yolks in milk and add. Add butter. Cook on medium heat. When starts to boil, add cocoa. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thick and creamy. Pour into pie crust. Either refrigerate to set, or use egg white for meringue in oven.

1 comment:

Margo Carmichael said...

Mm, looks delicious. Let's ask the Lord to introduce our grandmothers! LOL