Tagged by Allen from Writers Domain for a Book Meme. You list 15 facts and personal preferences about books. So a 15 book things (quirks, prefs, whatever) list...Here goes....
1. Hello, my name is Robin and I hate historicals.
2. I love Steven King books....my favorite? THE STAND. He's my hero! I also love Colleen Coble books....my favorite? There're two at the moment....ALASKA TWILIGHT and BLACK SANDS....oh wait...there's three.....DANGEROUS DEPTHS, too! :)
3. I hurl books. Literally. If the author hasn't done their job and it shows in poor writing or unbelievable plots, I chunk the book across the room. Yep, I really do.
4. I love everything about books. The smell of them, the touch, the feel...I collect them (don't EVEN ask) and give them as gifts and love getting them. :) Except, I hate historicals.
5. I ALWAYS read prologues.....ALWAYS.
6. I NEVER skip to the end of a book and read the ending first.
7. I can read 3 books at a time, and keep everything straight in each story. Unless it's a historical, then I don't bother.
8. In my reference books, I highlight and make notes. Yep, even do this in my Bible. Hey, it's my textbook for life and I figure I'd better take all the notes I can! LOL
9. My favorite genre is suspense, thriller, mystery and *gasp* horror. (another secret revealed--I LOVE horror movies, too. Even the bad ones! LOL) But I will read futuristics if they're well written (waving to Randy I. and Ronie), women's fiction (if they pull me--waving to Denise Hunter and Michelle), the lits if they amuse me (waving to Kristin Billerbeck and Diann Hunt) and even romance if I believe in the emotion. I only read historicals when I'm critting one.
10. I believe book art is VITAL. I'm very opinionated about this issue. (Ducking from Colleen's pop upside my head)
11. Did I mention I hate historicals?
12. I not only love books, I love writers. All of them. Even the historical writers!
13. I love critiques! Okay, this isn't about BOOKS so much as writing, but hey, it's related and it's MY list, so I can do what I want. Right? Doing it anyway! LOL I love getting lots and lots of suggestions and comments. Why do I adore abuse? Because I want to be the best writer I can be. Hard comments help me do that.
14. I love deadlines. Again, more about writing than books, per se, but again, I can do what I want. LOL I love imposing them on myself. I write better under pressure, I think. Or, as my bud tells me, when I'm really annoyed. (Hey Ron! LOL)
15. Did I mention I hate historicals?
Okay guys, that's enough delving into my mental status for today. Let's see....whom shall I tag? Hmmm.....
Jeff, from the Write Thing
Dana, from Diary of an Aspiring Romance Writer
Mel, from Mel-O-Drama
Heather, so she'll HAVE to post! LOL