Friday, July 06, 2012

Thinking of Hiring a Building Contractor?

Then you need to talk to my friend, Layla... Informed by the real-life fallout of the U.S. economy and devastation caused by multiple hurricanes along the southern coast, In the Shadow of Evil tells a modern day story involving the exposure of a building rebound scam. Amidst the layers of unethical practices, supply shortages, and excess murders, a top Louisiana homicide detective loses his heart to a charitable contractor while uncovering a secret about his tragic past. Hmmm...well, maybe you'll just have to READ about Layla... Book Takeaway: I hope that readers will gain insight in that sometimes, things are not always what they seem, but God is always good and always with us. Why the author wrote this book: Since I'm from Louisiana, the hurricanes devastation and rebuilding interested me when a fellow author read me an article about rebuilding scams and shortcuts. I also wanted to show deep relationship dynamics of adult children and their parents...with misunderstandings and implied hurts. Reviews "This dramatic page-turner was a convincing conversion for me to talented suspense writing. The faith-based characters’ angst, attraction, personal battles and community danger = great read." - Delores on March 03, 2011

No comments: